Neil S. Hornung, DMD
- A.B. Brown University
Graduated with Sigma Xi honors
- D.M.D. Boston University
- Awards at graduation included the Oral Pathology Award, Pediatric Dental Award, and the Pierre Fuchard Academy Award
- Distinguished Alumni Award – Boston University School of Graduate Dentistry, 2011
Oral & Maxillofacial Training
- Long Island Jewish Hospital Medical Center, 1981 to 1984
- Chief Resident from 1983 to 1984
- Board Certified Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Board Certified Diplomate, American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Certified Healthcare Provider of Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Certified Healthcare Provider of Basic Cardiac Life Support
- Red Cross BLS Instructor
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Massachusetts Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Society
- Massachusetts Dental Society
- Lowell Dental Society (President of Lowell Dental Society from 1992-1993)
- East Middlesex Dental Society
Hospital Staff Appointment
- Lowell General Hospital
- Winchester Hospital
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Boston University School of Graduate Dentistry from 1988 to present.
- Dr. Hornung has lectured on a wide variety of oral surgical topics covering oral pathology, preprosthetic surgery, orthognathic surgery, salivary gland disease, biopsy technique, IV anesthesia, and dental implants.
While Dr. Hornung enjoys practicing the full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery, he has developed particular interest in pediatric anesthesia, oral pathology, orthognathic surgery, and dental implants.
When not in the office, Dr. Hornung enjoys racket sports, swimming, hiking, canoeing, photography and is an avid scuba diver.
Before & After Cases
View our Glossary of Cases